News Updates Tomorrow is the Deadline for Medicare Eligible Professionals to Attest for 2014 ParticipationEligible professionals have until 11:59 pm ET tomorrow, March 20, 2015, to attest to meaningful use for the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program 2014 reporting year.
Medicare eligible professionals must attest to meaningful use every year to receive an incentive and avoid a payment adjustment. Providers who successfully attest for the 2014 program year will:
- Receive an incentive payment
- Avoid the Medicare payment adjustment, which will be applied January 1, 2016
Note: The Medicare extension does not affect deadlines for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. Additionally, the EHR reporting option for PQRS has been extended until March 20, 2015.
How to Attest
Submit your data to the Registration and Attestation System, which includes 2014 Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) Flexibility Rule options.
Tips to ensure successful attestation:
- Before you register– make sure you have an active and approved enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)
- When registering– be sure to have your NPI, Identity and Access Management (I&A) ID and Password, Payee TIN, and Payee NPI information available, along with your EHR Certification Number
- Before you attest– make sure you have a successful and active registration status in the Registration and Attestation System
- Registration status will read “Active” when all validations pass
- After you attest– click on the status tab to see your progress, and then click the appropriate tab to see your registration, attestation, and payment status